Post 9/11 GI Bill ® - Specific Questions

  • Can I transfer my entitlement to my dependents?

    In order to transfer entitlement to your spouse and/or dependent children, you must be approved for eligibility by the Department of Defense (DOD). Transferring benefits is only available to active members of the Armed Forces who have completed at least six years of service in the armed forces and agree to serve at least four more years. For more information on how to apply for eligibility and transfer benefits, please visit the Veteran’s Administration website: . The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.

Do I need to certify my enrollment if I am receiving Post-9/11 GI Bill ® Benefits? If so, how and when?>